The Melange reopens on May 21, 2020 ! Our commitment to creating a welcoming environment for the guests remains rock solid as ever! The same smiling faces, wonderful accommodations and delicious food that have been our signature for the past 24 years are back to enjoy. Consistent with CDC and NC State guidelines, we also have instituted a protocol where everybody can feel safe and comfortable on the premises.
- • Indoor and outdoor common areas of the historic mansion are set so as to provide plenty of choice space for social distancing.
- • To provide extra flexibility with the time of check-in, a security code for the front door will be issued to you via text message before arrival. When inside, you will find an envelope with your name which includes keys, directions to your room, instructions with the spa shower, and the WiFi code. Check-out is at 11 AM.
- • The length of turnover time between availability of rooms and cleaning is increased. Hence, a guest room may not show open for booking on a specific date. Please call the inn at 828-699-2100.
- • All guest rooms and common areas are sanitized and ozone treated from top to bottom. All surfaces, light switches, doorknobs, remote controls, trash cans and bathroom fixtures in guest rooms go through special cleansing between guests.
- • Daily housekeeping services will be limited and staff will not be entering your room during your stay. Fresh towels and amenities will be provided daily upon request at your door. Wastebaskets left outside the room will be emptied.
- • We offer dining options in both the Greenhouse (Breakfast) Room and the Turquoise (Dining) Room to provide increased space between parties at breakfast. Upon request, we can prepare breakfast-on-a-tray that guests can pick up and take to their room or a breakfast-to-go box for the road.
- • Sanitizing stations are placed in the common areas. Face masks are available upon request. Please observe respiratory etiquette of covering coughs and sneezes during your stay and exercise prudence by washing your hands.