Date: April 23, 2014-April 27, 2014 (08:00 AM-10:00 PM)
The Synthesis of Technology, Art & Music – April 23 – 27th – U.S. Cellular Center – Asheville NC
Moogfest 2014 is proud to announce a landmark lineup of musical acts led by Kraftwerk, German electro visionaries, and Chic featuring Nile Rodgers. Kraftwerk will play three performances across two separate nights. The Kraftwerk live experience is a perfectly synchronized audio-visual spectacle complete with pristine digital sound and breathtaking 3-D projections. It is a pure electronic art-rave that epitomizes Kraftwerk’s musical and technical innovation, and embodies the spirit—and new direction—of Moogfest 2014. The other legendary headliner, Chic featuring Nile Rodgers, is recognized as one of the most influential bands of the disco era and has been nominated eight times for induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. This announcement also confirms that previously revealed daytime headliners, Laurie Anderson and Giorgio Moroder, will perform as part of the nighttime music program: Anderson with her one-woman live show, “The Language of the Future” and Moroder with one of his famous DJ sets. Only talent of this caliber could lead a long list of performers that include some of the most important DJs and musicians influenced by Moog and dedicated to musical innovation. Over seventy additional acts are still to be announced in the coming months.
Five days of mind-expanding conversation, experimentation, and collaboration for creative and technology professionals across seven venues in downtown Asheville. The conference is guided by pioneers of music and technology, and co-curated by some of the most important thinkers of today.
- 5 days, 8 venues, over 60 talks, panels, discussion, presentations, and film screenings with futurist thinkers, inventors, entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, artists, and musicians. See all Speakers HERE
- New Media art installations and interactive technology experiences and exhibitions
- Film screenings
- Experimental performances
- Workshops and other interactive educational forums
- Open-source hardware hackathon
- Day programming Hours: Wednesday 3pm-7pm, Thursday – Sunday: 11am – 6pm, Sunday 11am – 3pm.
Five evenings of landmark musical performances by new trailblazers, early pioneers of electronic music, and major headliners.
- 5 Days, 10 venues, over 100 artists including concerts, experimental performances, and new music showcases.
- Headliners announced in December, 2013
- Night programming hours: Wednesday – Saturday: 7pm – 2am, Sunday 3pm – 6pm.
Moogfest also hosts free events open to the public:
- 4 day street festival, including new media art installations and live music
- 2 day North Carolina Tech Expo & Interactive Job Fair
- 5 day new electronic instrument pop-up shop
- Interested in learning more, read other press releases to date:
- Inaugural Five Day Expansion Announcement
- Call To Artists PR
- Circuit Bending Challenge
- Daytime Presenters Including Futurists, Musicians, Scientists, Authors, Filmmakers, and Pioneers of Electronic Music Instrument Design
Location: Asheville NC