Thank you for your kind words about my painting. Have posted it here. The Melange was like a home away from home. You, Lale & Alexis made us so comfortable that I could concentrate on my paintings. Thank you again.
The elevator is still out
but more importantly, the Park is closed, April 11-15, 2016
Celebrate an evening on one of the charming settings of the historic mansion with a candlelit dinner. You would select your menu and the venue in advance and the chef personally serves you the five course, private dinner.
VALENTINES DAY ESSENTIAL: 1-Night Stay with Private Dinner
Experience the sensation of having an intimate dining. Exclusive and festive set-up. The candlelit dinner is served with fine china, silver and crystal ware. All-inclusive price (including all taxes and service for the dinner) is $449. Upgrade into either of the Rose or Azalea Suites for additional $40 . Advance reservations required. (Subject to availability, February 5 – June 8, 2016)
We had the pleasure of hosting 2 young ladies of 8 and 10 years, this past weekend, Scarlett and Delilah Gregory and have found the following sweetest letters left behind:
Thank You for the cake I’m glad you made us the cake! Thank You very very much – Delilah
Thanks very very much for the cake. That was very thoughtful of you! We can’t thank you enough!- Scarlett
SHADRACK’S CHRISTMAS WONDERLAND
November 25 – December 30, 2015
WNC Agricultural Center Fairgrounds / Dusk-10pm Every Night
Drive through the Ag Center Fairgrounds and watch the thousands of Christmas lights dance to music. Open holidays & even in the rain. Admission: Cars or Family Vans: $20, Activity Van or Mini Bus: $40, Limo $40, Tour/School Bus: $80, Fletcher, NC For more information 888-321-7547 shadrackchristmas.com/asheville
CHRISTMAS TREE LIGHTING CEREMONY
Historic Courthouse on Main Street
November 27 / 5:30pm
The Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony at the Historic Courthouse kicks-off the holiday season in Historic Downtown Hendersonville. Featuring storytelling and entertainment and a visit from Santa Claus. For more information (828) 233-3216. www.downtownhendersonville.org
FLAT ROCK PLAYHOUSE presents Chasing Rainbows: The Road to Oz.
November 27 – December 19
Wed-Sat 8:00pm / Wed, Thurs, Sat & Sun 2:00pm
new musical about an immensely talented underdog with the soul of a poet and the personality of a pep squad. This overweight and insecure “hunchback” beat the odds and emerged a star as she donned the famed ruby slippers and stepped onto the set of what is arguably one of the greatest movies of all time. This teenager was Judy Garland. Flat Rock Playhouse is proud to have been chosen as the developmental house for this production of Chasing Rainbows. And we are thrilled to be presenting it to you in this exciting new world premiere. For reservations, call (828) 693-0731or 866-732-8008. www.flatrockplayhouse.org
CHRISTMAS AT CONNEMARA
Carl Sandburg Home National Historic Site
November 28 & December 19
Celebrate Christmas as the Sandburgs did with traditional decorations and holiday music. The Carl Sandburg Home National Historic Site presents a keen insight into the life and works of American author and poet Carl Sandburg. Music and storytelling from 10:30am-12:30pm in the garage adjacent to the Sandburg Home, refreshments, holiday craft-making from 10am-1pm. For information, call (828) 693-4178. www.nps.gov/carl
OLDE FASHIONED HENDERSONVILLE CHRISTMAS
Historic Downtown Hendersonville
December 4 / 5pm-8pm
Bring the whole family to charming Downtown Hendersonville and experience the atmosphere of an Olde Fashioned Christmas with carolers, entertainment, merchants’ open houses and refreshments. Call (828) 233-3216. www.downtownhendersonville.org
VISITORS CENTER HOLIDAY OPEN HOUSE
Visitors Information Center / 201 South Main Street
December 4 / 5pm-8pm
Share holiday cheer and the warmth of the season at the Visitor Center Christmas Open House. In the spirit of the season, please stop by and enjoy holiday treats with the Center’s friendly staff and volunteers. Call (828) 693-9708 or 800-828-4244. www.historichendersonville.org
HENDERSONVILLE CHRISTMAS PARADE
Main Street / Five Points-Caswell St.
December 5 / 10am
A traditional hometown Christmas parade travels along Main Street from Five Points to Caswell Street. The parade is sponsored by the Hendersonville Merchants & Business Association. Call (828) 692-4179 or 828-595-0901.
FLAT ROCK PLAYHOUSE DOWNTOWN presents
Music on the Rock: Barbara and Frank: The Christmas Concert that Never Was
December 10 – 20
Wed-Sat 8:00pm / Thurs, Sat & Sun 2:00pm
Frank Sinatra and Barbra Streisand never really worked together, except when they taped a duet in separate recording sessions. But it’s tantalizing to think what it would have been like to have them teamed up for a Christmas concert. Direct from Las Vegas, Sharon Owens stars as Barbra Streisand and Sebastian Anzaldo portrays Frank Sinatra, singing the most memorable music and songs ever written. If you are a Streisand or Sinatra fan and love the music, this show is a holiday must! For reservations, call (828) 693-0731or 866-732-8008. www.flatrockplayhouse.org
Where to Find Color Week-by-Week
- October 2-9: Highest elevations north of Asheville above 5,000 feet show the most color, especially in the Mount Mitchell, Craggy Gardens, Grandfather Mountain, Beech Mountain, Rough Ridge and Graveyard Fields areas.
- October 8-16: Color will increase in elevations greater than 4,000 feet, including the Mount Pisgah, Black Balsam, Devil’s Courthouse, Waterrock Knob, southwest of Asheville on the Blue Ridge Parkway. It will also be peak color in the Highlands area, including Whiteside Mountain, with plenty of waterfalls to enjoy, and the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, including hikes to Alum Cave and Chimney Tops.
- October 14-23: Many of the surrounding mountains around Asheville show plenty of color, especially in the 3,000-4,000 foot elevation range. Take the Parkway north or south from Asheville. A great hike in Pisgah National Forest would be Looking Glass Rock or Cradle of Forestry. North of Asheville, head to Linville Gorge with hikes to the top of Table Rock and Hawksbill Mountain. West of Asheville, Bryson City and the Nantahala Gorge will shine.
- October 20-29: The city of Asheville (2,000 feet elevation) shows the brightest colors, along with areas around Hendersonville and Brevard. This is the perfect time for a waterfall hike in DuPont State Forest or leisurely walk at the NC Arboretum. This is also the peak leaf color for Biltmore Estate.
- October 25-November 4: The color show concludes in the Chimney Rock area (elevation of 1,300 feet). Ride to the top of Chimney Rock or take a boat tour on Lake Lure. Also peak at Lake James and South Mountains State Parks.